Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24th, 2010

May 24th, 2010

Just got back from an amazing walk! You may think I'm nuts (and I'm sure I am), but wow...at 11:30 I was thinking I really should DO something, but didn't feel motivated AT ALL.

Then I remembered Kelly's status update on facebook yesterday – she RAN 3 miles! C'mon now, I haven't run a lick in years except for chasing my munchkins. Some days I don't know if I am even able to run, I'm that out of shape. Wait – round is a shape, right?!?!? lol

I'm walking, the shin splints have hit early because I literally did nothing the last 6 months. The last 3 months I've not even walked with my kids because I've been so tired when I get off work.

It's one mile from my home to the mall...that's one side of the block. The parallel side is most likely one mile, also and I'm guessing the sides to be either ¼ or ½ mile long – I'm going to drive it before I go to work to verify the distance. I seem to remember 2 years ago that it was only 2 miles, but I don't know how that could be so I'm going to double check it in a bit.

Spring is definitely here and it completely creeped up on me! There was a beautiful rose garden budding, many people's flower gardens were in full bloom and the colors are just amazing this year. Blues, purples, magentas, you name it, it was there.

I passed several people on my trek...two couples, a dad waiting for the Kindergarten bus with his son and a couple of passerby...I've never liked it here in Vancouver, much, being from a small town. Well, Astoria was a small town when I was growing up – it's now considered a “city” because it has a McDonald's … oooh. Today I got the small town feel back – one of the gentleman that I passed, I'm guessing he's older than I am but he had on a baseball hat – he TIPPED IT when he said hello! That never happens anymore – I thought, What a sweet gesture!

I passed one couple twice and they said I was making good time – told them I had to since I had to get to work soon...didn't tell them I still need to shower and do the dishes :)

Speaking of – if I don't get a move on, I wont' be able to drive the block and I'll forget tonight when I get off work. Oh – I saw some yellow finches, red-winged blackbirds today, too, a very welcome sight. The blackbirds were in among the cattails and yellow irises that were blooming...some of my favorite birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment