Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy pre-Valentines Day!

Today is just a lovely day - I slept in, and my sweetheart wakes me up to, "Still want to see the movie, Avatar?  then get up, let's get going!" 

Avatar was a really good movie - the story has been done before, but the special effects, 3d, new creatures - pretty cool.  I think the 3d gave me a headache, though, so will have to be careful if I see another like that.  A lady sitting down the row from us said she couldn't watch through the glasses because of her vertigo - I have vertigo, too, and wonder if that's where the headache came from.

After that, we were on our way home and Tom is saying, "turn here...no here...no there...dammit, WHERE is Olive Garden!?!?"  hahaha  Well, if THAT's all you want...here we go!  A couple of more turns and voila!  We are at O.G.  I usually order the Portabello mushroom ravioli - YUM!  Nope, he makes me get it off the "expensive" menu - the sausage/four cheese...mmmmmm it was soooo good! I gave him my sausage though, because after one bite, I knew I'd be suffering from acid reflux all night if I didn't!

As we were leaving the restaurant, he says, "That was your Valentine's Day stuff, by the way."  I kind of knew that already because we rarely go out other than bowling each week - we just stay at home to watch movies and eat in because it's cheaper.  Still, this has been the best V-day ever.

 

Here's a picture of a card I made out of a napkin - you can NOT tell once it's done that a napkin was used!
I've finished one cross-stitched square for charity and am 3/4 of the way done with another...then I went and signed up for four more!  They are just so cute when they are all stitched up and I have all the stuff to do it with, so why not?  I think I've finally figured out how to upload photos here on the blog, so by Monday I will have a couple of pictures to share.

Here's a picture of Tom's Samurai - it's a few months old and I've made progress, but not taken any new pictures yet:

 

Off to bowling soon - haven't been doing so well since we lost one of our team members - she moved and it's just to far for her to drive.  Can't blame her, though, it was a 45 minute drive each way after she moved, but I do miss her!
Have a wonderful day tomorrow and remember that Valentine's Day should be EVERYDAY.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Valentine!!! I have GOT to get out and see Avatar!

    Just popping in to WELCOME you to the Totally Useless SAL. Looking forward to your Totally Useless Container, hope you enjoy your time with us. Hugs, Yoyo

    ReplyDelete