Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Sunday!

I know I promised pictures - but it's been one of those weeks.  I'll have some up TOMORROW for sure - because I promised that I'd show progress for the KraftersKorner Charity Quilts group and TheStitcherhood! Sometimes between school, job hunting and life in general, things get away with me.  That being said, here's an update on what's been going on in my life:

Tom got hurt at work on Friday - it made bowling interesting last night and he's waddling around like a penguin.  I know it's not funny, but he does look comical trying to get around.  I wish I could convince him to soak in the hot-tub, though, as I really think it would help him relax his back muscles.  He's just not going to have an easy time of it this week - he's the warehouse supervisor and works HARD - he doesn't know the meaning of take it easy.  That's one of the things I love about him, though, his work ethic.

I have my kids this weekend and am going to try to take pictures of what I have done so far (just 1-1/2 blocks).  Carein gave me a knitting set for Gabby for her birthday and she's finished one sock already and I MUST post that on my blog, too, because not only is it cute, it fits her foot!  She's got oober long feet.  She said it was the easiest pattern to use for socks and will definitely make more because it starts at the cuff, not the toe - she hates working it the other way. My scarf got about 6 more rows on it so now I think it will actually show up in a picture - it's slow going, but there's no rush.

Going to take Gabby to the bank to get her money for the New York trip coming up and then I'm taking the kids down to the school to play.  It's been so nice this week - next week is going to be YUCKY - wet, Wet, WET!  So we're going to take advantage of it while we can.

Tomorrow I have an interview in Longview to be a substitute so I can sub in two districts.  The lady said they were desperate for subs - I don't know why with all the layoffs, though, and I didnt' ask.  It sounds more like a formality than anything else as they've already called my references and everything is good to go - she said to bring a copy of my social security card and my id as well as a voided check for direct deposit - that sounds more like, "you're in" than "we'll see".

Sometime this next week I also have a follow-up interview for the apartment manager/leasing agent right here in my own apartment complex!  It means free rent, free utilities, an hour lunch and I can come home for lunch, I can walk to work (and always will) which reduces the wear and tear on my vehicle plus saves me $50 a month in gas...can I just say WOW.  I REALLY WANT THIS ONE?  They also offer FULL medical, dental and vision - my days off will be during the week, which means IF I WANT TO, I can still sub for extra income...oh and on top of all that, Id' also get a paycheck.  PLEASE pray that it's the right one and that if it's not, that the right one comes up THIS WEEK - I'm at my wits end with the state (nothing for 3 weeks and counting) and I'm down to 50c in my checking account with rent due on Monday the 1st.  *sigh*  Trying to stay positive, though.

That's it for my day - hope everyone else's goes well!
Hugs,
Katie

ps - Please click on the ads if they come up on the bottom of the screen...and if you're in the same program, let me know and I'll click on yours, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment