Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday night - book blurb!

My daughter teases me because I've been keeping  a book log.  I had one a few years ago that I did, but I was such a busy mom that I fell down with it.  Why do I do it?  The first time around, I did it because I was worried when I couldn't remember books I'd read...I still worry about that...but this time I do it because I wanted to challenge myself this year to read more than just "kid" books; Twilight, The Last Olympian, etc... Please don't get me wrong - I LOVE those books - they are great entertainment and I can talk about them with my kids and that's important to me.  But I wanted a little bit more - I wanted to be challenged; to have to look up a word or concept for its meaning instead of just knowing.

I just finished reading The Persian Pickle Club ~ Sandra Dallas.  Good wholesome reading about the bonds that tie women together.  I'm grateful to Mary Z for turning me on to this title...I watch what she reads (Hi Mary!) and she's got good taste, I have to say!  My only question about this book would be - where's the epilogue with the recipes for the yummy desserts and main dishes they talk about?  It takes place in Kansas during the Depression so I know that my family won't have these anymore - the last person to have been in the MidWest died when I was 7...my great-great-grandma Ninny.  Guess I'll have to a do a little research...
Until next time,
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment